Couple Counselling whether you are married, living together or in a same sex relationship can help people to open up and talk about the issues that are worrying them, in order to resolve the difficulties they are experiencing and find an agreed way forward.
Problems within relationships can be difficult and can often stem from our past, challenges you may have experienced in your childhood as well as current concerns.
My approach is to provide a platform for both individuals to have that individual time to express/explore words and feelings that have often felt misinterpreted.
I create a safe space where issues can be explored without fear of judgement, pain or retribution. I use different styles, interventions and techniques. These can be used to change hurtful and destructive patterns in the relationship by creating a stronger, more open and meaningful connection.
Pre Marital Counselling
Love is NOT enough to protect a couple from divorce. Research has shown that couples that receive pre-marital counselling are less likely to divorce. This is because pre marital counselling teaches the couple the skills required for building a strong foundation where expectations and the need for transparency are clear.
We will aim to focus on the most important conversations that will shape the rest of your lives together in a way that promotes safety and intimacy. This could include the following ingredients for a happy and healthy marriage.
- Effective communication, skills and conflict resolution.
- Emotional engagement and responsiveness.
- Transparent expectations and needs.
- Love people enough to tell them the truth and respect them enough to trust that they can handle it… Iyanla Vanzant.
- Better to be hurt by the truth, than comforted with a lie…. Khaled Hosseini
- Love is not measured by how many times you touch each other but by how many times you reach out to each other…….Unknown.